9.12.2012

55 Lessons of C

Fellow hackers, I am embarking on a read through of Zed Shaw's Learn C the Hard Way. While I'm working through the book (and it's 55 exercises) I will be tracking my progress through the book. Starting with the first exercise.

A little background on my programming experience and why I want to learn C. I was a computer science major in college and learned C++ in school. I've dabbled with different languages from time to time and mainly use Java now due to my job as a Software Engineer. Java is a powerful language, but I find myself not really knowing what is going on behind the scenes. That coupled with a desire to get into Linux Kernel programming has lead me to a decision of learning C the hard way - by getting my hands dirty with Vim and the command line.

No comments:

Post a Comment